Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blessed By Scripture

There is nothing like the blessing that Scripture provides.  This is because it is God's will for us to know His word.  Since the Bible is our authority for faith and living, it ought to bless us when we read it.  Scripture tells us the truth about God, provides assurance to us of things we've learned about God, and gives us hope.  This morning, in one of my devotions, I learned how the song "When We All Get to Heaven" was written.  It was written to help with evangelistic campaigns and work with children at the turn of the 19th century. Below the devotional text was a list of Scriptures.  Using Logos, I highlighted them, and looked them up.  It blessed me, and now I want to share them with you.  Heaven is a reality, and those who belong to Jesus will all gather together there one day.  Scripture gives us the assurance.

Psalm 16:11 11  You make known to me cthe path of life;  in your presence there is dfullness of joy;  at your right hand are epleasures forevermore.  

Isaiah 35:10 10  hAnd the ransomed of the Lord shall return  and come to Zion with singing;  ieverlasting joy shall be upon their heads;  they shall obtain gladness and joy,  and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.  

John 14:2 In fmy Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that gI go to prepare a place for you?2 

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you hto myself, that iwhere I am you may be also. 

1 Corinthians 15:54–57 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:  x“Death is swallowed up in victory.”  55  y“O death, where is your victory?  O death, where is your sting?”  56 The sting of death is sin, and zthe power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, awho gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment