Friday, June 24, 2011

The Hope of the Church

I'm at Kids Kamp. Tomorrow we go home. This week is the second of two solid weeks, 4 camps total.  It's been hot and it's been busy.  I'm serving as one of the boys deans.  We've had great services. I'm personally thankful for my wife Tonya, our family, and our team from Bethel and their ministry to the 5-7 year olds last week in camp 2. It was wonderful to see God use them so greatly after so much hard work.  This week, the district has conducted 2 camps under the ministry of Bill and Becky Harness.  If you aren't familiar with their ministry, let me encourage you to attend one of their services when you get an opportunity. After 4 kids camps, I've come to one conclusion.  There is hope for the Church.  Jesus said let the children come to me and do not hinder them because the kingdom of God belongs to these. It's happening right here in North Texas.

We've also had great leadership!   Rev. Duane and Sharon Swanson, the children's ministries directors for the North Texas District have done outstanding in providing a great set of camps for the children of the North Texas AG churches.  We've seen God work in the lives of children and adults.  Children have been saved, baptized in the Spirit, called to ministry and healed.

There is hope for the Church!  In just a few short years these children will be the ministers, youth ministers, missionaries and church members in ministry.  What a joy to see them connecting with God.  The future is bright for God's church, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, we will see great days ahead. Last night, as I looked at the hundreds of children and workers connecting with God, I thought of Jesus' prayer request for workers in Luke 10:2.

I found myself praying "Thank you Lord for answering your prayer request for laborers".  The opportunities for ministry are everywhere.  Where will God use you next?

No comments:

Post a Comment