Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Are You Doing in 2011?

It's that time of year again, to make plans! Last year, using my high speed Bible Software, I set up a Bible reading schedule in the ESV to read the NT, OT, Psalms and Proverbs in 1 year. I made it to July. Driving home from a Christmas event, I mentioned to my family that maybe the thought of reading the Bible in a year is too lofty of a goal that discourages people. Our oldest, Alanna, was quick with an analysis (being the 17 year old senior at Kennedale High School that she is) "You can READ the Bible in a year, but if you STUDY it, it will take longer...." "Ahh! Out of the mouths of High School Seniors the Lord has perfected praise (translation mine). That's the reason I bogged down on my schedule! I'm an underliner and a note-taker. Of course, with Logos 4 that's too easy and fun to do anyway, and their reading plans are customizable, so I simply went back and restarted my plan to read the Bible in 104 weeks instead of 52, checked off what I had already read, and started with 2 Kings 5 on Dec 22! I have been set free from reading the Bible through in a year! Now for all the type A's out there who must read the Bible in a year, may the Lord bless you as you do that.....but as for me and My house, we are going to study the Bible!

1 comment:

  1. lol i'm the same way. I don't just read. i underline and re-read. Reading the Bible in one year would be a real chore for me.

    ReplyDelete