Friday, November 27, 2009

Post-Thanksgiving Hallelujahs

As I sit here in the beautiful city of Porum, Oklahoma, I'm thankful for such a wonderful extended family, immediate family, and Church! This morning I had the time, and interest to read through some devotional readings in Logos and saw where Jonathan Edwards had changed church music after he began to pastor the church in Massachusetts (where he was famous for many sermons on grace, such as Romans 5:1-5 and other passages....remember he is most known for Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God) the text stated that he encouraged the singing of the more lively congregational hymns by Isaac Watts. Oh yes, Isaac Watts! I looked down in the description and saw "Joy to the World"....Praise God! Amen! and Hallelujah!!!! Joy to the WORLD! The Lord has come.

I'm not kidding my spirit leaped within me and I praised God. What a joy!, what a wonder, what a relief, when Jesus robed himself in human flesh (Philippians 2:1-11) and carried all our sin. So...black friday notwithstanding, there is JOY to the World because Jesus has come for all of us. One more thing to be thankful for this weekend, one more reason to keep on serving Him this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment