Friday, August 3, 2012

New Bible Tools for Everyone

I'm thrilled to post this information today, because I believe that the Lord is doing amazing things through His Church.  Today I found a site that is an amazing gateway to quality resources for Christian faith. Check out the link.

As you know I'm a fan of Bible Software. Here is the latest post on it. There is Accordance for the Mac, Logos for the PC and Mac, as well as Wordsearch (pc and mac) and Biblesoft. (pc).  There is also a free software for mac and pc called e-sword.  I believe that ANY way you study the Bible is a good way.

What I'm so excited about, however, is this Tyndale site that is devoted to creating an online presence for everyone to study the Bible for free, at any level they choose. In an age when we are flooded with negative information, I want to remind that God's Church is advancing.  The fact is, you don't know what you don't know.  We have to be proactive in studying to show ourselves approved so we can answer those who have questions.  Here is what is at this site:

A new video about evidences for eyewitnesses of Jesus.
An instructional video about their software project.
Cutting edge biblical and theological research.
and more.

One more thing.  The Republicans have nominated a Mormon as their candidate for President.  I'm not writing to tell you who to vote for, but I think you need to understand that the Mormon religion is NOT Christian.  I share this in Old Testament class, because the Mormon Bible doesn't have maps, and the video illustrates the importance of geography to build our confidence in the truthfulness of the Bible.  Enough about that, here is my Mormon resource blog.  What is so interesting, is there is a scholar in the "Bible vs. Book of Mormon video" (see blog link), who is quite articulate.   Dr. Peter Williams is the warden of Tyndale house.  The videos below from the Tyndale site, feature these lectures he did in Houston.  I found them entertaining and informative.  Enjoy!

Dr. Peter Williams.


Or watch this one about the Resurrection








No comments:

Post a Comment